New 99 Dakota

From: Casey G Vanlandingham (cvanland@iastate.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 27 1998 - 18:54:16 EDT

Hello all!

I have been lurking for a while now, just sort of getting a feel of the
list. Within the next week, I will be placing an order on a '99 Dakota
SLT. The dealer is about out of '98s anyway. Are there any things I need
to be aware of? I'm looking at the following:

99 Dakota SLT in Metallic Red/Dark Gray
3.9L V6, 5 speed
Power Overhead Convenience Package
A/C
Tilt/Cruise

I talked to the saleman today, and we roughly talked of an MSRP of 17560,
including destination charges, but not counting any discounts...

What are my chances of talking him down to around $16,000? That is less
than a 10% discount between MSRP and invoice, and I'm obviously shooting
for invoice pricing...

This will be my first new vehicle purchase, so I am learning as I go...

Thanks in advance for any information!

Casey Vanlandingham
'99 Dakota SLT