Re: Gave my TB the Boogie treatment

From: Douglas Bowerman (bowermdw@ameritech.net)
Date: Mon Aug 03 1998 - 09:18:00 EDT

Michael Clark wrote:

> But hey, could you tell a difference in how the truck drives after all
> this??

I was a bit leary before I attempted it. But I thought, it's only metal. As
long as it don't crack.
I did the FABM mod and I have a 2.75 K&N coming, but with the 2" that came
with the Edelbrock 1208 and the smooth TB I get a bark of the tires from
first into second gear. I didn't get that until I did the mod. It pulls
with some force, and I get another 2-3 MPG. My avg mpg with my last tank,
with city/higway was 18 MPG. My prev average with about 4 tanks of gas that
I have kept track, I haven't had to fill up much, has been 16, my first tank
was 14. I have almost 2K miles on my truck.

Doug