RE: RE: Cams, I made a mistake;

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@kp.org)
Date: Sun Aug 02 1998 - 22:24:04 EDT

Hay Patrick and Eric,

I made a mistake with the Crane cam specs I gave you. The cam spec
sheet that I pulled out (way too many pieces of paper around here),
cam PN 694111 was actually for a "NON MAGNUM" 360 I built up many
years ago. The one that I have in my 360 MAGNUM is PN 704111,
(found the correct spec. sheet and did verify in in the Crane catalog).
Specs are:

Advertised Duration (250/260), @ .050 (194/204), lift .434/.458
lobe sep. 112 deg.

Crane also has another cam that offers additional breathing on the top
end.
PN 704121 Specs are:

Advertised Duration (260/264), @ .050 (204/208), lift .458/.467
lobe sep. 114 deg.
Looks like it might be better in non-automatic trucks.

Again PN 694111 WILL NOT fit in a MAGNUM engine. Sorry for the mistake.

Different subject,
The studs for the Crower rocker arms, are they a direct fit or do you
need to
drill and re-tap. If they are a direct fit, Does Crower offer a larger
rocker stud?????

        Frank