Re: G-TECH results

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sun Aug 02 1998 - 17:38:32 EDT

Vincent Heckathorn wrote:

> Jim;
> I have a 98 cc 5.2 auto with 3.55sg. How hard are you able to turn your engine?
> At about the red line mine hesitates and gets very flat, but will pull to the rev.
> limiter but it takes a while to get it there.

I always stay in drive. The trans always shifts at 4700 and I have found trying to go
past that point is fruitless because the engine does not want to go further and I
always get worse times when I do. I guess these engines were not ment to be high rpm
capable without cam or fuel mods.
Also DML please note, At full throttle my trans will not shift into overdrive even at
redline which requires you to let off the throttle til it shifts and then go again at
less that full throttle to go faster without having the thing downshift to third at
speeds way past redline. Ane mod to correct this?
My GMC would shift into fourth at 85 mph EVEN at full throttle.
Jim MIller
Waco, Tx.