Transmission problems

From: Charlie Alley (charl1@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Aug 02 1998 - 02:56:46 EDT

Let me start by saying how much I have enjoyed the DML.I have a'98 Dak.,
5.2, A/T, it has a Transgo shift kit, Flowmaster w/ split exhaust. When
I installed the shift kit trans. temp. dropped from 220 deg. to 190 deg.
(I do have a temp. gauge on the trans). It has not had any problems till
today. Outside air temp was at 100 deg. I pushed the the truck very hard
for about four miles with many shifts. the trans temp. got to 230+.and
the thing would not shift out of low, as the temp dropped it began
shifting fine again, and has been ok since. Has anyone else had this
problem? Years ago when I had some experience with B&M shift kits they
recommended using type F fluid. has anyone used type F in a Dak. A/T.
Any help will be appreciated, now I have to go install a Trans. cooler.

Thanks

Charlie