RE: Vorteched the R/T tonight!!!- questions

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@kp.org)
Date: Sat Aug 01 1998 - 13:56:32 EDT

Patric & Dan,

Every 5.9 that I have put a Vortech on has had detonation problems,
Partially the fuel out here in Calif, but primarily the static
compression.
An aftermarket cam may bleed off some of the compression but
more than likely its still there even if you don't hear it. The best way
deal with it is to make a couple of dyno pulls with a sniffer. My
experience
has been 1 to 2 degrees of retard for every pound of boost. It certainly
wouldn't hurt to do the dyno work, and you could rest easy at night
knowing
what you have (horsepower, torque, and no detonation).

        Frank