Re: Junker Law was: 99 Dakota R/T

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sat Aug 01 1998 - 15:06:51 EDT

At 08:39 AM 8/1/98 , you wrote:

>Wouldn't it be great if the truth in
>advertising and truth in lending laws applied to political statements ?

No politician could get elected if he had to tell the truth.

>I would think most reasonable people would agree that we needed to produce
>cleaner vehicles after1967 but I think they have reaced the economical limit
>long ago and should concentrate on making cars run clean longer for the bone
>heads that don't maintain them rather than pass expensive feel good
>requirements that accomplish little or nothing at great expense to the
>consumer.

I would pretty much agree with you on that. Of course if it were not for
passing expensive feel good
requirements that accomplish little or nothing at great expense to the
consumer, politicians would have nothing to do except pocket their bribe
money and do special favors for big money special interest groups. God
bless America.

--
I can please only one person per day.
Today is not your day.