RE: RE: Buying the Cam

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@kp.org)
Date: Sat Aug 01 1998 - 11:40:58 EDT

Eric,

I need to provide additional info to my earlier message. I have had
excellent
luck with Crane components, cams, rocker arms, springs, ignition (both
automobile and motorcycle). Warranty and repair have been excellent. We
even returned a HI-6 TR out of a boat that had sank, they replaced it no
charge.
Specs. tend to be right on as advertised. Can't talk about them enough.
In
order to select the correct cam, you need to know what you have and what

you want to do. Dodge doesn't release the specs. on their cams (to my
best
knowledge) so you need to find someone who has actually measured the
factory
grind in your year engine. I can tell you my experience has been
centered around
the 94-96 engines both 318 & 360. The 97's (gray area to me), 98's I
would suspect
a different cam (higher torque and horsepower peeks) only measurement
will tell. Once
you know what you have, you can figure out where you want to go. Talk to
the Tech.
Reps. and pick a grind that will work with your controller and other
mods you have
performed or plan to perform. A few words of advice, the rocker arm
hold-downs
AIN'T THE BEST, ( hold down bolts are I THINK 5/16 and really need to be
pushed to 3/8)
and you can't go a larger OD spring, ( spring seats are to small and
cannot be enlarged).
You can run stiffer spring though. And lastly, don't let anyone tell you
that they are running
an earlier 360 grind (non Magnum), they DON'T fit.

        Frank