Re: Muffler & lowering

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 01 1998 - 11:48:04 EDT

I called Flowmaster the other day and talked with their tech .......I was
going to order the 2 chamber for my V6 that day and just wanted to see what
they thought about it.....he said that the 2 chamber,of course had one less
baffle in it than that 3 chamber did, and this would sound very loud and
almost annoying and would cause a great deal of popping and crackling upon
deceleration. It does flow exhaust gases great though. He said that the 2
chamber should be used with a small block V8 type higher HP engine. He also
told me that the 2 chamber was meant to be put on a street driven vehicle that
also is used for weekend racing. Now, if this is what you want, get it cause
it will sound loud even on a V6. The 3 chamber he told me would be a much
better choice for a V6 4x4 daily driving street truck. If you race you V6 Dak,
sure go with the 2 chamber. I don't want to talk you out of getting the 2
chamber, just want to let you know what I was told. I just think that a 2
chamber on my 4x4 Dak will be very obnoxious sounding and I will lose the
Flowmaster "rumble" that I want. I think sometime this week I am going to
order a 3 chamber 2.5 center inlet and 2.5 offset outlet(42552) and try it
out. The tech told me that they have a new muffler out designed for SUV's and
daily driven trucks,etc but I cannot find any info on it....he told me part
number 52557 for the new one......here is Flowmaster's toll free number if you
want to call and talk with them.....good luck and let me know what you decide
on......
1-800-544-4761 9-5 Pacific Time, Monday-Thursday
                             9-1 Pacific Time, Friday
Their website is www.flowmastermufflers.com---------Last time I checked it
wasn't finished