Re: Vorteched the R/T tonight!!!- questions

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 01 1998 - 04:46:56 EDT

<< Tonight I installed the Vortech SC on my R/T 5.9 that I previously had on
 my 94 Dak.
   It did seem that I was getting a little detonation. I have a boost master
 from Jacobs installed that I just need to tweak to get the right amount of
 ignition retard under boost.
 I'm hoping that all goes well this weekend and I hope to have some 1/4 mile
 times this time next week.
  See ya all.
  Dan Colucci
 98 CC R/T 5.9 with a Vortech S-Trim >>

Dan,
How are you able to increase the fuel when going into boost? Will the PCM
adjust (richen) enough to cover the additional 6-8 lbs of boost? I'm very
interested in the cost for the hardware and any downsides, e.g., blower whine
noise in the cabin, detonation probs, etc. I have an '89 Turbo T/A and a new
supercharged GTP which tells you I'm a firm believer in blowers as the
absolute best bang for the buck. Just a note for you fellow DML'ers, 8 lbs of
boost transforms 360 ci into the equivalent of a "540 ci" naturally aspirated
engine. My T/A is only 231 ci, but at 20 lbs. of boost she skyrockets to well
over 500 ci, not bad for a 6 cyl.
I'm curious because I'm the new proud owner a 98 R/T and feel there's lots of
potential for this 5.9 L engine, and I also think supercharging has probably
the best hp/$ ratio.
Best Regards,
Steve Waller in Houston