valve covers, and West Oaks Dodge

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Sat Aug 01 1998 - 03:37:17 EDT

> Troy at West Oaks said the were 2 in, 1 0ut - not sure about the diameter.

> Tate

Well I just ordered the MP valve covers from Summit, but I tried for
two days to talk to Troy at West Oaks and all I ever got was his
answering machine. They list the covers on their webpage for $88.
Summit was $11 more, but they have free shipping and it only took
maybe 45 seconds for the guy to take my order, nice when they have all
your shipping information already in their computer. I called Koller
Dodge also, they have 'em for 93.75 + 10.00 for shipping. Which would
be almost exactly what Summit charges, but their computer was down and
he couldn't locate them to give me an estimate on when I would receive
them. I was planning on calling back on Monday when their computer
was fixed, but the guy hung up on me in mid sentence! Fine, I'll just
order from Summit, they had the covers in stock ready to ship
anyway...

So, sometime next week I'll be putting these babies on. Anyone have
any pointers on valve cover installation. They are supposed to come
with gaskets and bolts. Should I invest in the heavy duty type
gaskets or are the included ones ok? Will I need any type of gasket
sealant? Will the stock spark plug wire looms work with the new covers?

Thanks.
---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html