Re: Brake Tip

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Fri Jul 31 1998 - 21:13:52 EDT

Gary E. Klim wrote:

> Based on the weight distribution F to R, rear discs would probably be
> overkill, considering the ABS. Perhaps regular cabs would benefit more than
> my CC from rear discs.

It would certainly require a different master cylinder and
porportioning, but I think it might still fly. Any idea what the F-to-R
ratio is? There is that company that supplied the SR-71 DAK with that
bolt-in IRS and w/rear discs. I asked them to send some literature, but
it didn't include pricing.

> Has anyone ever watched a Formula 1 race where the camera angle showed the
> Carbon/Carbon disc brakes glowing bright orange under braking? Scary.

Yeah, but those babies are a one race only item. Afterwards, they hit
the trash can ; )

Bob