Re: Hello and a question...

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jul 31 1998 - 17:01:26 EDT

Check out the posts about the JBA headers (today is the last day to order!)
and the new JET chip deal .

The JBA deal we worked out will save you $304 off of the regular suggested
retail price and the JET chip deal (running today thru the end of August)
will save you $95 off of suggested retail .

The JBA headers are said to give between 17 and 22 additional HP and I
think the JET chips give around 20 as well .

At , you wrote:
>Hello everyone:
>
> I'm new on the list and a new Dakota owner (a Black '98 SLT+, 4x2, CC,
>5.2L, with all the options and a SnugTop shell). I am coming from a car I
>loved dearly, a rare 1990 Dodge VNT Intercooled Shadow ES <a real rocket>
>which a bozo with a cell phone totalled (GRRR). Most of the posts I've seen
>so far on this list deal with turning the Dakota into a street monster ^_^,
>but I don't really need my truck for that kind of tire/asphalt chomping fun.
>Right now I can only get it to squeek the tires when I floor it from a
>dead stop, (must be that nifty, anti-spin differential) not spin them.
> My question is: what mods can I put on the truck that are inexpensive and
>would improve preformance the best "Bang for Buck" wise? I need the truck to
>stay under California Emissions laws, and Chrylser warranties so any mods
made
>can't affect those. After perusing the web pages, I kinda like the
>180 degree Thermostat and 10" round K&N Air Filter mods, but I'm sure you
guys
>know some more tricks. Your help is appreciated. This thing currently gets
>hideous gas mileage (12.9 mixed City/Hwy @ 4500 miles odo: according to the
>computer) and I'm even trying to drive it really nicely.
>
>Shaun Hendricks
>Tustin, California

Jack Hilton

Black '98 R/T Club Cab