Re: SCA welcome! was: Hello and a question...

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Fri Jul 31 1998 - 17:07:52 EDT

Shaun,
Howdy, another Southern CA Dakota owner! The 98s pose a real performance
upgrade problem since Chrysler has yet to sanction any Moparts for these
trucks. Lots of guys on this mailing list have lots of good ideas. The
easy ones are fresh air induction via the K&N route or modifying the stock
box (lots of posts in the archives with pics), Headers (buy the JBAs today!
or pay twice as much unfortunately or wait for Chrysler to release some long
tube headers, Cat back free flow exhaust. etc etc. The archives have lots
of great ideas. The exhaust mods should improve your gas mileage a little
(reports of up to 7mpg addtl with a slew of mods are out there ) Im still
working on my first mod for my R/T so Ill be keeping the DML posted on how
it goes.
Bruce K Bridges