Re: JET Module

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Aug 03 1998 - 14:47:27 EDT

Mike,
The limited research I have done says that the signal to the solenoid is a
digital one. To change the PWM (pulse width modulation) at the governor
solenoid the frequency and dwell must be modified. These are done via
tables (I think) in the memory of the JET chip. Some (most new) GM
transmissions have an electronically controlled regulator in the
tranasmission that can be modified via analog moethods. This is not the
case for the Mopar trans (from discussions with B&M and etc.)
I hope Im not too garbled..
bruce k bridges