Brakes: Was Gave my TB the

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Mon Aug 03 1998 - 14:58:36 EDT

   I'm not a rocket science mechanic, but brakes are a pretty basic system.
If your DAK is older, you may want to have a full brake recondition done on it
(line flush, Master Cylinder Rebuilt, Power asst drum checked for diaphram
leaks, calipers replaced/drum cylinders rebuilt/replaced). If it's newer (ie:
under warranty), I'd be dragging it back to the dealership and asking if
they're trying to kill me. (read: fix it boys)
   Since your Dak isn't stopping well, it's either lack of pressure to the
calipers (air in the lines, leaky vacuum diaphram, bad master cylinder, etc.),
something interfering with the pad to rotor/caliper friction (leaked fluid on
them), or really bad tires. Since it's probably not the latter, I'll bet
dimes to dollars that you have a problem somewhere in the system. I'd be
takin' tires off if it's out of warranty and checking for leaks and bleeding
lines. If that doesn't fix anything, it's time to start replacing/rebuilding
anything that looks worn or suspicious. Brakes aren't something I'd want to
be "intermittant" ^_^ .

Shaun