Re: My hood came flyin' off

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 04 1998 - 05:10:59 EDT

In a message dated 8/3/98 11:19:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
langcj@polaris.clarkson.edu writes:

<< Has anyone had this happen to them
 before I not sure if i can call this a defect or not since its a 93 with
 53,000 miles on it, but who knows??? Is there anything I need to know about
 putting this all back together, I'm not really sure about seals in the cowl
 and whatnot. >>
Buddy!! Been there! I was doing about 45 at midnight and it was so stinking
loud my ears were ringing for the rest of the night. It didnt break my glass
but it put a crease in my header!!(above the glass). I just bought new hinges
and put my in progress ram air hood on, the other hood was trashed big time.
No problem with the cowl seals, just new hinges.
Eric