Re: DML:15.7 vs 14.85.R/T.. was: JET Chip purchase and magazine test results for R/T

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Tue Aug 04 1998 - 09:41:59 EDT

What...
was that last post intended to rub it in?? If so it worked. headers are on
order, chip is on the way, fresh air induction etc. It may just have been
track conditions 90 deg, 65 % humidity, but Id bet that the test trucks that
the mags get have been tweaked somehow for their performance #s or the
driving style of the test crew is sooo much better (damn its an auto, mash
and go right??) Anyhow, Id have to be driving down a steep grade to get a
14.8 in my R/T. I still love it, and its fast, but look at the majority of
Daks just barely kissing 14.8 with lots of mods...
curiously,
BKBridges
At 07:37 PM 8/3/98 -6, you wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 09:46:34 -0400 (EDT)
>> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>> From: Bruce Bridges <bbridges@alarismed.com>
>> Subject: Re: DML: JET Chip purchase and magazine test results for R/T
>
>> Steve,
>> I think there must be a lot of varialbility in the stock R/T set up... best
>> of 8 runs= 15.72 @ 86.8 MPH
>> BKBridges
>> 98 R/T CC with tonneau
>>
>> At 05:06 AM 8/1/98 EDT, you wrote:
>> >Kudos to Jack Hilton for arranging the JET group puchase with 4Wheel
Parts. I