Re: 99 Dakota R/T

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Tue Aug 04 1998 - 11:45:06 EDT

questions about R/Ts? One mans experience:
1. part throttle performance (SOP) is very crisp and exciting on my R/TCC.
WOT is the problem, and I cant put my finger on why. JET II module and
headers/downpipes are on the way.
2. Most (all?) R/Ts came with the HD electrical and mechanical packages
which includes the 46RE trans with cooler, big alternator, HD radiator etc.
I am not aware of any R?Ts with the towing hookup package. Any out there??
3. Towing a trailer is a joy with the R/T. Ive pulled a 18ft skibaot and
didnt hardly feel it.
4. My 1/4 mile time (best of 8 runs) was 15.72 At 90 deg, 65% humidity and
sealevel. no barometer readings available at the time. my best time was
strangely my last run of the day with little or no cooling down between
runs. Hmmm, another mystery.
5. My truck to date is bone stock (other than a "flipped" air hat retainer
and 1/4" spacer under the hat. (no track time after I made this mod
though). I dont believe 14.85 is realistic.
BKB

At 10:54 AM 8/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Howdy everyone!
>I'm from Dallas, Tx and am considering purchasing a 1999 Dakota R/T in
Sept, 98. I would