Front Runners

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Tue Aug 04 1998 - 18:31:47 EDT

Just a quick question to all - anyone else besides me interested in
getting a set of front runners for strip/street use?? Not only are
they practical at the track (high air pressure and thin = low rolling
resistance, light too), but they make a vehicle look mean!!!! I'd
like to get some to fit my Dak and don't want to screw with different
hubs switching from front runners to camping trip tires. I was
looking at Centerline Drag/street series brushed aluminum in a 4.5-5"
width with some 10"s for the rear. I've been told that the drag only
series are too flimsy for any real street use. I have heard from two
tire dealers (one was discount tire and battery - can't remember the
other) that Centerline can custom drill these for a relatively
reasonable rate. Just wanted to know if anyone else was even
interested. Love 'em fat out back and skinny in the front!!! Any
better ideas, let me know.

Tate