Re: My hood came flyin' off (AKA Trottmann's Curse!!!!!)

From: Chris lang (langcj@polaris.clarkson.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 04 1998 - 20:05:39 EDT

Thanks for the info guys but i think were all dammed for laughing at
Trottmann when he busted his hood. Anyways I went out and bought new hinges
(11 bucks a piece) and took a better look at the latch in the daylight. The
part that you push up on to release the hood was stuck open i sprayed it
with some wd40 and it moves fine now I think i'll replace it ...
the hood's back on for now but its bent and dented pretty bad, it dosent
shut too well anymore since its bent but if you push on it just right it
will snap in. But I think its time for a new one..... Sooooooo how much are
we talkin for a ram air hood, what styles are there i've seen the pro-glass
hood and another one with a large scoope on the DML pictures page Kuk's 95
Sport is the truck, i dont think he is on the list anymore does anyone know
where he got his hood or his e-mail so i can ask him. Are there any other
hood choices for the older daks?? Also how much is it gonna run me to get
it painted?

Thanks,

Chris (Yet another victim of Trottmann's Curse) Lang