RE: PA inspection laws

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Tue Aug 04 1998 - 20:07:33 EDT

The EPA adopted California's CARB standards and procedures in 1996,
ALL states will be required to implement a test that includes (but is
not
limited to) checks for HC's, NOx, and CO. This will be performed on a
dyno (idle test, & steady state test, approx 2,000 - 3,000 RPM).
Additionally
they will check for any equipment removed, and not replaced with an
EPA approved part, (Calif. is different, needs CARB approval). ALL
states
MUST be in full compliance by the year 2000, most states are ahead of
the game. States do have the right to add safety items like tires,
lights,
brakes, etc, etc, etc. Expect to see fines for equipment removed on the
first
test, the areas still under discussion, vehicles older than 20 years.

        Frank