Jet Chip

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 11:02:09 EDT

  I may be interested in the Stage II version, pending more info. At
this time, there is no '98 or R/T info on their web site, and my catalog
request (3 weeks now) has yet to be fulfilled.

  Also being on the Impala SS list (NAISSO), I've had occasion to
monitor various SS owner's opinion of JET, and it is NOT good. Their
parts always finished last in chip "shootouts", sometimes actually being
detrimental to HP readings.

  From what I can determine, the JET is not actually a chip, but is an
"interface" device that installs between the wiring harness and the
computer. This interface contains circuitry to modify the in/out
signals between the computer and various sensors and controls.

  Personally, I'm not to sure about this type of technology - it seems a
liitle "hokey" to me, so I'll reserve judgement until JET or some
trustwothy person on the DML list who can actually check for
gains/losses with a G-Tech or dyno can provlde more info. I did see
someone's post on perf numbers (DML#1086) showing no definite gain.

  If you or someone you trust comes up with some actual HP numbers for
this item, please post them to the DML, I read every line.

                Later,

                        Russ Selkirk

--
'96 Black Impala SS