Transgo Shift Kits

From: Charlie Alley (charl1@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 02:50:53 EDT

I have and installed a Transgo kit #TFOD-HD2 in my '98 Dak. 5.2. the
installation went fairly easy except there is a section that effects
the1-2 shift. Transgo's instructions show a ball that is to be removed
for a firmer 1-2 shift. then it tells you not to remove the ball unless
you install some rear servo parts. Then it gets interesting. A note on
the page that describes the rear servo mods. states "step 3 is a job for
a professional trans. mechanic". It seems that in order to install these
parts you must first remove the tailshaft/OD housing. I checked the MSM,
it says there are some splines that easily become misaligned and to get
them back into alignment involve taking the OD unit apart. SCARED ME At
any rate after all is said and done I have a good 2-3 shift and a
improved but not wonderful 1-2.
It all worked OK until Dodge replaced the torque con. It hasn't been the
same since, I still don't know what will happen next, so beware.

` Charlie in Houston