6 bolt Centerlines

From: Tate Strickland (strickt@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 04:36:21 EDT

It was suggested I check out Star Tire here in Dallas. I did this afternoon. Guy said there was someone else in just yesterday looking for autodrags for a Dak - was told the same thing - no way. But this guy said "why not get another wheel?". Looked through the catalog - chose the "style 16" wheel (model 16 - not inches). He made a two minute phone call and asked when I would like to order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I explained the DML stuff and that I wanted 6" up front with 10" TUCKED (negative, positive, whatever offset - too damned tired to look it up) in the rear. He told me that the MOST expensive it would be was $200.00 each front - $223.00 each rear. He said the priced would drop from there if there were more orders. If someone has a better price, let me know. If anyone else is interested, let me know.

No, I don't know if they would all have to be the same style and size. No, the price would be a helluva lot more for the multi-piece wheels. 3-4 weeks from order to delivery.

Tate

ps - got a bench grinder, polishing compound, and buffing wheels at Sears tonight - this fall/winter I'm gonna work over the aluminum stuff in the engine compartment - perrrrrrrty......

Star Tire Company
214-357-5400
startire@flash.net