Borla does not have long bed approved exhaust -Reply

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 08:59:35 EDT

>>> Doug <bowermdw@ameritech.net> 08/04/98 02:17pm >>>
Hey all,
I just ordered a Borla exhaust from the Truck Performance Center. Dave
there had called Borla because I was worried about the exhaust with my
long
bed. Borla told him they haven't tested the kit with the long bed trucks
yet. I told him to send me the kit anyways, because I am sure I can make
it work.
I am a little concerned that something will just not be right. Have any of
you with the 97 or 98 long bet installed the Borla 14740? What is there to

rig it up if there is a problem?
Thanks plenty
Doug

Doug,

I have this system on my '98 CC. I believe this is the same wheel base
as your long bed. I'm not sure if this helps or not, but I thought I'd try.
BTW, did you buy from TPC because of the parts resource section of the
DML? If so, did they honor the $425 delivered price that I got? You will
definitely like the system. One thing you may not be aware of though, it
only comes with the muffler & tailpipes. No pipe coming into the muffler
is included. On mine, the factory pipe was reused, but it isn't crimped at
all, so it was no big deal. Anyway, have fun. The install isn't too bad.

Steve