Lock-Right vs. Sure-Grip

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 15:00:15 EDT

This is one of those "just wondering" questions. I have heard good things
about both the Lock-Right and the Sure-Grip(which I have). I just wondered
which one was better overall. Does anyone have any experience with the
Lock-Right? This is what I understand about both:

Lock-Right

Pros: Ease of installion(no setting up of the rear-end), locking
differential, replaces the insides of an "Open" diff.

Cons: Expensive

Sure-Grip

Pros: Cheaper, limited slip differential

Cons: Installation is a bitch(time consuming) 'cause you have to set the
ring gear up properly, etc.

Does one have an advantage over the other?

Brian