Re: Pa. Question

From: Thomas McCabe (mccabet@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 23:17:31 EDT

Gary Ludwick wrote:

> >>Just remember one thing in PA. State law does not(Did Not) permit
> moving radar. So they hide.<<
>
> And unless they've changed the law since I lived there, local cops can't use
> radar...only the highway patrol.
> Gary

Locals are still not permitted to use radar, only the state boys. The
only means available to clock speeders is following for 1/4 mile, and
vascar. For those who never heard of vascar, basically the officer will
place or use two markers on the road. They will then measure the
distance between these markers with the car. Once configured, the
officer manually activates a switch when you cross the first marker and
then again after you cross the second marker. A computer then
calculates your speed. A more simplified unit I have seen is two hoses
spaced a fixed distance apart. More accurate, less convient for the
officer to hide.

L8r

--
Thomas McCabe