Heat Riser Valve

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 01:16:15 EDT

>Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 22:04:13 -0300
>From: "Sail'er" <reinsj@nbnet.nb.ca>
>Subject: DML: '90 Sport Questions

>Two questions for fellow Dakota lovers (pertaining to my '90 Sport)...

>1. My 'manifold heat control valve' rattles like crazy when
>decelerating. A beefier coil spring helped tame the noise somewhat, any
>other suggestions?

>Thanks!

>Jamie

>reinsj@nbnet.nb.ca

Jamie:

If it's anything like the heat riser valve on my 78 3/4 ton V8, a good shot
of Heat Riser Valve Solvent (available from your Chrysler dealer ... great
stuff) should free it up and stop the rattle. Make sure the spring has not
rusted off.

Just soak the heck out of it and work it with your hand until it's free.
Do this when the exhaust manifold is cold....much easier on your hands and
you don't create fumes. Give it a shot periodically to keep it free.

Hope this helps.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.