Re: 275 BFG Drag Radials

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 09:38:49 EDT

<< Has anyone on the list mounted BFG 275/60's on the stock 6.5 inch rims? If
 yes could you please give me some insight on how good they are. How do
 they compare to slicks or to DOT slicks? Thanks all. I am going to Route
 66 Dragway in Joliet on Tuesday night with my Vorteched R/T and I want to
 get some traction. >>

I don't think a 275 would go to well on a 6.5" rim.. My buddy with a blown
stang ran the 245 flavour on a 15" wheel and pulled high 1.6 60 footers.. I
doubt you'd even need all that tire.. On the track, when the pressure is
lowered, my exp. with BFG Drag radials is that they hook just as good
(sometimes better) than Sportsman Pros or M&H Racemasters.....

Are you having bad traction problems? You shouldn't be making much boost down
low so traction shouldn't be an issue, unless you're starting to spin under
boost .. I have that problem on the street, but never on a nice clean track ..

ttyl
Patrick