Re: O/D Lockout

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 11:03:46 EDT

------------------------------

Subject: Re: DML: O/D Lockout

>I guess you hit it on the head, I really don't think there is a big problem
>with the OD. My 96 ram was run very hard and pulled a lot heavy trailers with
>out any problems at all. But if you do have a problem it is going to be the
>planets.
>Colin

Colin:

I think so. One gent, who contacted me privately, has a heavy 5th wheel,
researched it via the RV crowd. It seems the only people who have trouble
with their OD are those who tow without an auxilary trans cooler (and
presumable no HD cooling). My dealership, who sells lots of trucks for
RV's and to industry (logging, mining etc.) has never had a late model back
with an OD failure.

I've got the tow package and HD everything I could buy at the time. Since
I'm towing light (2000 lb), I don't really expect any problems, but I do
kick out the OD when climbing in the mountains and as an engine brake when
descending. That is what CC recommends in the owner's manual to prevent
heat buildup and excessive shifting.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.