2 Dakota Probs- 1 brake and 1 electronic

From: hoheisel@inav.net
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 14:06:12 EDT

Howdy-

Problem #1-
I just bought got a '95 Dak 4X4 Club w/ the 318- about 60k
miles on it and its mostly mint. The dealer put new calipers and
pads on the front and new shoes on the back- but.. I get this
annoying high pitch squeal at city speeds that goes AWAY when I
push the brakes down. I had a brake shop look at it and they "fixed"
it by adding shims somewhere. An hour later it started back up.
Any idea what could be the problem? Its obviously something
rubbing in the brakes... Just want some input so I don't get
hosed when I go back to the dealer.

Problem #2
I added a trailer wiring kit made by Hoppy that just snaps inline
to the rear lamps and requires you to drill a hole in the frame for a
ground. With my trailer on the turn signals blink so rapidly that
its hard to see them. I went to the dealer and got a "3 lamp" flasher.
With it in the turn signal won't flash at all under normal driving
without the trailer. Do I have to swap flashers every time I add the
trailer? This seems kind of bogus.

Thanks,

Kev
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)