Rice Rocket info

From: Travis Ingrao (ingrao@inetworld.com)
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 14:59:23 EDT

When I was in high school (about 4 years ago) I had allot of friends
that street raced their little
rice rockets (Civic hatchbacks, crx's, and coupes) they all talked
about getting a GSR (v-tech) engine or other such mods. To make a long
story short, I've only seen two rice rockets that could get anywhere
near the 14 sec mark....one was a '92 hatchback with a v-tech, turbo,
NOS, K&N filtercharger, MSD ignition, borla cat-back, DC headers, and no
interior (other than driver's seat). The other was a '93(?) MR-2 turbo
(death-trap) with a completely customized exhaust system. I can't
remember the exact times, but I saw them do this numerous times at
Pamona,CA and Long Beach, CA.

    BTW, most of my friends (the ones with loud annoying exhausts, huge
stickers, and super fins) wouldn't even race me 'cuz they said a V-8
wasn't fair...oh well I guess some of the rice rockets pilots know their
limits.

Travis
'94 318 sport 4x4