Hopped up Honda's

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 18:13:02 EDT

   Southern California is the capital of those little "Super Street"
Honda's/Acura's. Just like the folks on this list they modify the hell out of
the things. Most concentrate on looks first, sound next, and preformance
last. Only the real hard core types seem to actually buff them all the
way out. My VNT Shadow ES was only beaten once by one of these things and
only by half a car length at that. The Shadow only had 174HP but it developed
all of it's power at 3000rpm (210lbs torque @ 2100 rpm) while the little
Honda's all had to rap their engines up to some incredible values to get any
umph out of them. By that time my car was usually way out in front.
   Take them seriously if the motor sounds serious. Since my stock Shadow was
a wolf in sheep's clothing, stop-light ambushing these guys was a favorite
hobby of mine until my Shadow's untimely ignominous death. The poor car was
not killed in a fight, but while stopped for traffic on I-5. Tragic, just
tragic.

Shaun
Tustin, CA