Re: Re: custom pulleys: ATTN. PACTRICK

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 08 1998 - 04:43:01 EDT

<< >Patrick- you say that you can lathe up a great set of pullies at a down
 earth price, but I've dealt with aluminum and it's very soft. Do you heat
 treat these pieces to make them stronger or are they an alloy impregnated
 piece? I think that stainless steel would be the strongest metal to work
 with and you could machine it a little thinner without it being brittle and
 give it a lighter weight. Not only that, but when stainless is polished up,
 it's the most beautiful of all the metals and it DOESN'T RUST or turn other
 funky colors-- >>

Well, I've made a set of aluminum pulleys out of a one peice block of billet
for a boat .. no problems there .. 90% of the pulleys Summit sells are
aluminum, too.. it'd all be in ones personal preference and price range ...

Like I said before, the possibilities are endless as they are custom made ....
I know anodizing would be no problem at all, as our plater also plates Crane
Cam's aluminum rockers..... small world, eh? :)

ttyl
Patrick