Re: RE: custom pulleys (was: power pulleys)

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 08 1998 - 04:57:18 EDT

<< I'm there! Gives us some prices, and we will get some measurements.

 Brad >>

The best (and safest) way to do something like this would be to get me the
measurements, let me have a program written and a set spun out and then tested
by someone. Then I could get an accurate price. After that it's just cutting
blanks and letting them rip ..

Someone mentioned a March set - what does the set include? any idea on what
the materials are? Using similar diameters would probably be the easiest way
..

Also, in another post someone mentioned some concern about the pulleys being
the right measurements, and to make sure they work .. that's why the prototype
method is the way to go :) As long as I have accurate measurements, I doubt
there'll be any problems ... we machine aerospace components with tolerences
in the .005" range so a set of automotive pulleys shouldn't be too much of a
problem ..

ttyl
Patrick