Underdrive/custom pulley thoughts ..

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 09 1998 - 12:32:12 EDT

I've done alittle bit of research in the aftermarket pulley market and I think
I've got a plan ..

I could make the pulleys out of billet aluminum blanks, and then have a
anodized hardcoat. This hardcoat would most likely be a smoke/black color, but
it can be dyed... I think this would be a good balance between
strength/economy vs using steel, plus provide more strength than a crummy
clearcoat that most aftermarket pulley people use. The only other pulley set
I've seen with a hardcoat is Vortech's.

Steel would take longer to machine, more tooling costs, it would just cost
more all around.. but it's always an option... I can order whatever stock that
is needed.

I would most likey use diameters similar to March's flavour if a few people
wanted a set... This would eliminate prototype testing for an immediate
turnaround on the job. Any problems? cooling? charging systems die?

If anyone's still interested, let me know .. I've got alot of free time over
the next two weeks and I've got the green light to go ..

ttyl
Patrick