Re: DML:Homebrew Air Intake was: Air Intake Temp

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Aug 09 1998 - 12:36:36 EDT

At 09:40 AM 8/9/98 , you wrote:

>Mike;
>My system will still use the open element air cleaner with a nice air box
>around it that will be sealed when the hood is closed, there will be a 4"
>ducting going to the air box but it will not be drier vent hose ( way to
>restrictive ). There will be some other parts of this system that will
make it
>very different from anything you will have seen in the past. I am not
going to
>comment on the rest of the system until I have got everything worked out.
But I
>think it will provide some pretty good HP increases.
>Stay tuned
>Colin H.

OK. I'm staying tuned. But my reservations about these kinds of things
still stand. You install an open element air cleaner, then you put a box
around it. Maybe it's just my lack of imagination, but how is this not
defeating the purpose of the open element? I also cited the drier vent tube
because it was easiest to type for my lazy self. :) Still a 4" ducting is
not that different from stock. Maybe a more direct route as opposed to the
twists and turns of the stock system will help some, but I would still like
to see some verified numbers to convince me. I'm not saying it won't work,
but...staying tuned.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse the privilege.