Homebrew air cleaner

From: Gary Ludwick (gludwick@csi.com)
Date: Sun Aug 09 1998 - 18:20:19 EDT

I'm no engineer, but the answer to your question would seem to be that your
engine's need for air is finite...any volume beyond a certain point is waste
(sorta like large boobs). If a tube can flow enough air to meet your
engine's maximum possible draw, then it works. I would think that it's not
the box around the filter that's that's a problem, but how much air can be
delivered to the box.
Me...I have a ram air hood with the K&N....a lot cleaner solution that all
these rube goldberg schemes with dryer hose, hair dryer fans and all the
other gobbledygook I see being proposed around here! ;-)
Gary

The Internet - Living proof that 10,000 monkeys in a room with 10,000
typewriters will NOT
eventually duplicate the works of Shakespeare!