Re: door/speaker + sound proofing

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sat Aug 01 1998 - 02:00:08 EDT

I hear ya'! My passenger side panel vibrates really bad. You can hear it
outside the Truck!! All I've got is an Alpine CD player, some Alpine
5.25's in the doors, but they have no power to them so they don't sound
all that much better. Almost got an awesome deal on an Amp the other day.
60x4 channel Alpine open box buy with 3 year warrantee for just under
300!! DAMN! wish I had had the money!! =)

-mike d.

88, V6, LE, 3.55, SlushBox, mild mods
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

"I don't see it fair to battle wits with you, seeing that you are
unarmed" =)

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998 00:23:21 -0500 Michael Meyerhoff <mmeye@umr.edu>
writes:
>At 02:11 PM 7/29/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>Hey man,
>>what kind of speaker? I'm looking to get some new 5 1/4 for my Dak
>and am
>>lookin at Boston Accoustics and MBQuart, but I'm open to suggestions
>=)
>>
>>-mike d.
>>
>They're a set of huge radioshack Clarence 3ways. The sound blows
>stock
>away but isn't anything to talk about. But for the price they'll hold
>me
>over until I can afford something better.
>
>The doors on a dak are horrible as far as noise and speakers go. The
>windows is in the way/there little dampening material and many holes
>in the
>inner metal.
>
>Mike "big crappy speakers" Meyerhoff :)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]