RE: Re: Dyno Results on the R/T with Jet Chip

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Sun Aug 09 1998 - 20:36:53 EDT

Hay Mike,
I just read your post on the Jet chip & I am really confused on the
numbers.
A couple of questions and suggestions for you because even with the
Stage I
chip you should see better results.

        1) Are you running a Stage I or a Stage II chip, with the
TB Mods
                you should be running a stage II.
        2) Were you running premium grade fuel, both chips are
sensative
                to fuel (advanced timing).
        3) What were the torque and horsepower figures from 2,000
RPM
                and up (hopefully they gave you the plots so you can
compare them).
        4) Were the torque and horsepower numbers (raw numbers), or
were
                they adjusted to standard temp, barametric pressure and
humidity.
                I know this might be a stretch, given the pulls were so
close together
                but it still might explain the low numbers on the Jet.
                5) Did the torque and horsepower peeks
change in RPM between the pulls
                with and without the chip. If they didn't change the
chip might be faulty.
        6) Did they give you ignition plots from the pulls, (you
should see
                a more aggressive ignition curve with the Jet chip).If
you don't see
                a difference in the ignition curve, send the chip back
to Jet for replacement.

I have seen an increase in both torque and horsepower from approx. 2,000
and up generally
in the range of 10-20 horsepower and 15 ft/lbs torque.