Re: 89 Dakota fuel problems?? Help!!!

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 09 1998 - 21:43:34 EDT

Chet,
According to my Haynes manual, you should have 14.5 PSI. If I remember, you
said you were running at around 10? Where were you checking it at?
Have you pulled the computer codes? If you dont know how to do this:
The check engine light flashes any stored fault codes after the ignition
switch (key) is cycled twice from on (not cranking the engine) to off, then
left in the on position within five seconds.
The codes are two digit numbers. You may get an 88 at first, means start of
transcript. Count the number of times the check engine light flashes: quick
flashes indicate the first or second number. There will be a longer pause in
between the first number and the second. When you get a 55, the transcript is
over. Get a manual or go to the DML website under "trouble codes" to find out
what your codes mean.
Hope this helps.
Boog