RE: Alignment, 1997 Dakota 4x4

From: Chris Hindy (chindy@idirect.com)
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 03:07:56 EDT

>Truck has consistent right bias.

i.e. it pulls right?

>Several attempts by dealer have had little effect. Last visit produced
perfect steering, magic!!
>Suspicious of the fix, I took the truck to local Goodyear dealer.
Goodyear guy discovered and documented >alignment grossly inconsistent with
factor spec's. Anybody experiencing this kind of problem?

This sounds like more than the steering gear/suspension is out of
alignment. I had this problem after my first accident in my 98 Dak when
the shop 'forgot' to pull the frame back to spec (cost them a day of free
labour to fix it though!) If the left frame rail were ahead of the right
(i.e. the right side had been thumped) you would see both a pull right and
radically inconsistent alignment specs. Might want to have the truck put
up on a frame rack and checked for square.

cheers
-ch

98 Dak Club Cab, 3.9L V6, slushy, 3.90 LSD, Intense Blue.
Mods: K&N filter, Bosch Platinums, Sony CD changer.
Next: "Hmmm, Tires? or Wires?"