Generation Gap was Re: DML:Gen II Valve Covers

From: RLewis7785@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 09:07:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/9/98 8:19:57 PM Central Daylight Time, Boog318@aol.com
writes:

<< 87-91: Generation I
 92-96: Generation II
 96-Present: Generation III

 What about that in-between Gen.I and Gen.II Grille style? You know, the not-
 quite 92 look, but definentely not 87- 90 look. Was this only 91? Maybe 91
 is the "Generation X". Definently a collector.
 Boog >>

The way I understood it, the 91 was the first year with a V8 from the factory,
a Non-Magnum engine with throttle body injection. It has the elongated nose
to fit the 8 under the hood (Gen II Body). The different look you refer to
may be the non-aero style headlights. Even in 92, these aero lights were an
option. I've seen a couple without them, and the regular square bulb lights
really make the front look different. Then in 92, the Magnum 318 was put in
there, and the rest is history.

Richard Lewis
92 LE CC, 318, Auto

May be wrong? (I'm certain someone will let me know)