Re: Re: DML Digest V3 #1131

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 13:09:56 EDT

Marc Lehnerer wrote:

> My '97 Dakota CC has just had its 3rd alignment in 20K miles. I
> originally had to have it aligned 2 weeks after I bought it--the
> mechanic said the factory had set it wrong and "they often just line em
> up by sight anyway." Since then it's been aligned twice, at about 6
> month intervals. It still pulls to the right somewhat, and I'm going to
> have it looked at again soon. Has anyone else had this persistent
> problem? I'm beginning to wonder if it's some sort of design flaw on the
> suspension.
>
> Thanks
> Marc

My '98 CC has the same alignment problem and pull to the right. I've
been putting off getting it into the shop since they are usually buried
and it'll mean days in the shop. Also, I'm intending to drop the thing
in a few weeks and I'm not too worried about the tire wear for that
short period of time.

But 3 alignments in 20K is excessive, IMO.

Bob