Possible changes to the '99 R/T

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 13:41:20 EDT

Hi all -

I just got off the phone with David Elshoff at Chrysler .

I had contacted David trying to get him to provide me with authenticated
written proof of the production numbers for the '98 R/Ts .

First of all , he was very nice guy and said he will get me as much
production detail as he can find . He knows he can get the total and color
breakdown , but he may be able to get more . I asked him if he could tell
me how many were made with the wrong exhaust system....he didn't find that
as funny as I did .

Anyway , while I had him on the phone , I asked him if he could reveal any
of the changes on the '99 R/T .

He took at his list (whatever list that was) and gave me a few minor things .

He said that it would have different tires . He said they were going to an
Eagle LS . He also said there would be a vacuum/fluorescent
odometer/tripometer (whatever the hell that is) and available radio
controls on the steering wheel . He also said that the overhead console
would have be revised over the '98 design .

He didn't sound like he was trying to keep anything secret , so I think he
told me everything he knew . When I asked him about the rumor of the
fresh-air hood , he told me that if it was gonna have it that it wasn't on
the list of changes that he had .

Anyway , he will be supplying me with the numbers on the '98s very soon .

Just thought some may find this interesting .

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@mindspring.com