RE: SBEC REBATE

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@anjura.com)
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 11:18:49 EDT

With me it would be just a "safety" thing, and $100 seems like cheap
insurance. If I started with the SBEC, and then decided to go with a
blower later down the road, I would still have the old controller to
use. Likewise if I decided to do some towing down the road, or got tired
of putting premium fuel in all the time, or decided to sell the truck
(prob. wouldn't get diddly for the SBEC on a trade, but could take it
out and sell it for more than $100 used).

Anyway, $100 isn't chump change, but like someone else pointed out, what
ya want to do with the truck may change and not "fit" with what the SBEC
does. If/when that time arrives, its sure a lot cheaper to have not
"cashed in" for the $100 and have to go by a new factory computer (which
was $700 Canadian the last time I checked).

Craig