98 Mopar Nats

From: DodgeBoyz3@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 17:01:50 EDT

Hello list....................

Well, we did the Nats..........I only got to meet Josh, but we had a great
time Friday night on and off Brice Rd. I went to the track all three days.
It was hot and dusty but a whole lot of fine rides and a few nice Daks too. I
raced on Sat in the trophy bracket class. Man was I kickin ass! I took out
the first two rounds in elimination's, and thought I had the third round too,
but the win light came on in the other (69 Charger) guys lane. After checking
my time slip I found out that according to the slip I had won, being closer to
my dial in time than the other fellow. I went to race control and asked them
what was up. "Gee that timer is on the blink again" was all they said. Of
course by then the trophy bracket race was over and the fellow in the 69
Charger, Mooney was his name was collecting his prize. My dial was a 15.10
and I ran a 15.123..........His dial was 14.10 and he ran a 14.323.......Glad
I am a grown man and didn't really give a rats a$%...........Oh well, I will
get them next year!

I didn't make Brice Rd, Sun night as we left the track Sun afternoon and after
the hard ball police tactics of Sat night, I didn't feel like pressing my
luck. Although I did manage to crank out a few crowd cheering burnout's,
before finding a fellow DML'er, well lets just say he was swimming upstream
w/o a.................I'll let him spill those beans!

One thing that did happen Sun at the swap meet area. The wife and I collect
the die cast NHRA cars, and Sat we had spotted a couple we needed. But cash
on hand had withered to next to nothing. So I suggested we come back Sun and
buy them. Well, anyway one of the cars had gone from $35 to $48 bucks. It
was the Moon Eyes Funny Car, in 1/24 scale. I talked the guy into selling it
to me for $35. Walking down the same row, we run into Kenji Okazaki,
the(former)driver of that car!.........In no time flat I had it signed and
back in the box. Made our day :-)

All in all we had a good time and will be back next year to WIN the bracket
race. Hope to see more DML'ers out there in 99......................

Gene in Houston
BTW, its 19 hours to Columbus from here and 23 cups of coffee!