Re: RE: 5spd vs. Auto

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 19:26:53 EDT

<< OK, I've got my Nomex suit in place, so here goes:

 How about a hybrid consisting of a torque converter mated to the 5 speed?

 gk

 (And I haven't even had my first beer yet...) >>

There are some drag race auto trans set up wioth a clutch instead of a
converter. Quicker 60 foots, cause you dont have to wait for all the slipping
to stop. But the gear changes are the exact same everytime.

Brad