RE: OD Lockout Revisited

From: Ayotte, Glen (ayotteg@espn.com)
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 22:45:46 EDT

You wrote,,,,,

>For those who'd like their 42/44/46RE tranny to default to "OD Lockout",
>here's what you do:

>1) Attach the coil of a "normally open" SPST 12v relay across the starter
>motor solenoid connections.
>2) Run an additional pair of wires from the "OD Lockout" switch to the relay
>contacts.

What? I think I'll wait until we meet before I attempt the above.

HAHA

Glenn
CT

When you start the engine, the relay will momentarily close the contacts
and
release when the engine starts. This will automatically put the tranny
into
"OD Lockout" mode. To engage OD, just press OD switch as usual.

gk
Gary E. Klim - Somewhere In Connecticut mailto:garyklim@snet.net
http://pages.cthome.net/garyklim/ mailto:gklim@harman.com